Yesterday, Benjamin, Dad, and I went to Adrenalin Forest to celebrate my birthday. I also invited Marlin, my friend from school, to come with us. After we had dropped Margaret and Mom off downtown for some girl time, we headed to a bakery for lunch. I got a steak and cheese pie + an apple turnover.
At Adrenalin Forest, we took a safety briefing with a larger group, but luckily the attendant chose Ben, Marlin, and me to show the rest of the group what to do. Once we finished that, the attendant said that we could start on Level 2, but we did Level 1 to help Ben get used to it since Marlin and I had come with our school not too long ago. After Level 1, we saw a load of people on Level 2, so we skipped ahead to Level 3. During Level 4, the next one we did, we caught up to a group of 4 adults, so we had to wait for them.Once we were safely on ground level once more, Dad told us that he had found out that the people who we were waiting behind were two semi-professional rugby players from the Crusaders with their girlfriends. Since we wanted to minimize our waiting time, we went back and did the missed level 2, but we still caught up with them about halfway through Level 5. We finally passed them by beating the other group to the start of Level 6. Marlin got scared on this level and stopped to go back to the ground, while Ben and I finished the level. In the picture, you can see me in all dark blue in the upper left hand corner and Ben is to the right, dark shorts/gray top, maneuvering across a rope lattice.
After all the excitement was over, we stopped at a little dairy on the way home to get some refreshing ice cream.
1 comment:
Wow!! You guys are amazing! I am so very impressed that you climb and maneuver so high in the trees!!Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment