When we came to NZ last time, I had great plans for journaling. Alas, nothing materialized. I could perhaps blame it on Margaret, who was little bitty at the time and needed a good deal of attention, but I don’t think that was the overwhelming reason. I don’t really know why I didn’t make the time to write.
This time, however, I’ve been more determined to record our happenings here. Fortunately, I was given a beautiful, inspiring journal by my Bunco group. I’ve now filled that journal! It contains many of the same things that I’ve blogged about. It also documents some more of the day-to-day activities we’ve been involved with. It’s been nice to go back and recall what we were doing on a particular day. We can also look up the names of lakes, rivers, and other natural features we’ve seen. At a cute local shop, I bought a second journal that is very similar in style and colouring. The filled journal is the one on the left.
I don’t imagine it will make very interesting reading for anyone outside our family down the line, but it will be fun for us to pull out in a number of years to talk about what we did while in New Zealand.
No comments:
Post a Comment